Tip #1 Link title – Making content attractive
I will be focusing on content writing. (As planned I took some interviews yesterday and will be posting it soon.) Every time we attend a team meeting, a conference or a video class we see one clear message passing through, “You need to make your content simpler and scanable“. I will post a series of blog posts on how to make your content simpler and scanable. I will start the series with Link titles. Link title is a blessing for content however it is not used very frequently.
- What are link titles? As it says, it is the title for a link (no it is not the anchor text). Lets take an example to understand.
<a href=”URL” title=”Link title”>Anchor text</a>.
When you mouse over the link it shows the link title as a tail.
- Link titles helps you in budgeting:Every click by your reader is expensive, less clicks implies very targetted content. Link titles can save you some clicks.
- Web estate is very expensive: Web estate is expensive and link title can save a lot of your web estate. It works on top of web estate.
- Link title is a silent speaker: Link titles stay there as a silent speaker. It comes up when you want them to come up.
- Link titles make your content more attractive and effective.
Lets take an example on how it can be useful. Paragraph without link titles “When you are under heavy debt you can consider following five options 1) Settle it by own 2) Professional Debt Settlement 3) Professional Debt management 4) Bankruptcy 5) Do Nothing“.The same example with link title
“When you are under heavy debt you can consider following five options 1) Settle it by own 2) Professional Debt Settlement 3) Professional Debt management 4) Bankruptcy 5) Do Nothing“
Can you see how link titles can make it so effective. What is your opinion?
Pingback: Abhirupa Purkayastha - Simplifying content » Blog Archive » Tip #2 credibility - Making content attractive
Good post, this small tool can be used very effectively in making content more scanable. Keep blogging.
Informative one…. haven’t thought about it in such a way 🙂 Tanx.
I don’t know any more after reading this than before. An I didn’t understand it before.